Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
San Diego .NET Developers Group Meeting
Monthly Event - First Tuesday of every month: 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (PST)
San Diego, CA
- .NET Fundamentals
- Guest Speaker
- Answer Man (6pm - 7pm)
- Raffle - Over $3,000 of software and books and other swag!
Go to our web site for monthly schedule. http://sddotnetdg.org
12400 High Bluff Drive
San Diego .NET Developers Group
This group was created in 1994 by local programmers for the purpose of exchanging useful information relating to Microsoft Visual Basic and related tools and has now grown into the .NET technologies. Our meetings include topics on .NET itself as well as database, software design, software management, internet, and software business issues. In short, we encompass the entire process of software development and tools from a .NET-centric angle. The group is run exclusively by volunteers. Our meetings are designed specifically to provide information that is of practical benefit to programmers of any level of knowledge, from novice to expert. Each meeting is normally structured with two presentations for a greater variety of information. We also attempt to help with specific problems and questions outside of the main presentations in a one-on-one meeting with a knowledgeable volunteer.
For more info, go to: http://sddotnetdg.org
July 3rd Meeting
*Fixing Untestable Code with Dependency Injection and Inversion of Control Containers (Steve Moyer)
*Answer Man (6 - 7)
Sponsor: Discount ASP.Net
April 3rd Meeting
*SQL Server 2012 BI Enhancements You care About (Reza Madani)
*Answer Man (6 - 7): Woody Zuill
Sponsor: Discount ASP.Net
December Meeting Location Change: Mitchell International Inc. 6220 Greenwich Dr, San Diego, CA (map)
December 6th, 2011 Meeting
*.NET Fundamentals - Class Cohesion (Jim Bears)
*Architecting a Business Application for Windows Phone (Paul Sheriff)
*.NET Fundamentals: Tips to be a better Ninja (Brad Cunningham) - I will talk about software tools that improve my development process (like R#, slickrun, beyond compare,etc..) I will also cover personal workflow habits and tips on improving your workflow and moving more of your "life" to the cloud. I will talk about syncing your life to all machines. This includes notes, email, calendar, files etc.. Some of the products I will talke about are. OneNote, SlickRun, R#, Windows HomeServer, Live Mesh, Google Chrome Sync etc..
*Windows 8 and VS 11 (Bill Sheldon)
*Answer Man: Woody Zuill
*Sponsor: The Lawton Group
*.NET Fundamentals - Is Your C# Optimized? (Woody Pewitt): Do you use your generics to their fullest? Are you using the C# language to its fullest? In this talk we will look at how you can go from C# programmer to Outstanding C# programmer (and yes VBers will get a little goodness as well).
*Windows 7 Phone (Reza Madani)
*Sponsor: InnovaSystems Internationa
*.NET Fundamentals - Debugging (Bill Sheldon)
*Learn to Love Lambdas (Jeremy Clark) - Lambda expressions can be confusing the first time you walk up to them. But once you get to know them, you’ll see that they are a great addition to your toolbox. Used properly, they can add elegance and simplicity to your code. And some .NET constructs (such as LINQ) lend themselves to lambda expressions. We’ll take a look at how lambda expressions work, see them in action.
Jeremy Clark works for BiTKOO, a company specializing in Authorization Management (never write another line of authorization code). After hours, he puts together demos and technical articles for JeremyBytes.com, a website focusing on .NET technologies. Other times he can be found shredding on a plastic guitar to Guitar Hero. He lives in Anaheim, CA with a seedling redwood tree and his cats, Amanda and Toby.
*Answer Man: Jim Bears
*Sponsor: Eastridge InfoTech
- .NET Fundamentals - Simplified Unit Tests with Pex and Moles (Jim Bears)
- MVC 3 & Razor - Getting Started with ASP.NET MVC 3 and Razor (Scott Mitchell) ASP.NET MVC provides developers an alternative programming model for creating web applications. This talk, by Scott Mitchell, explores the pros and cons of ASP.NET MVC, compares and contrasts it to Web Forms, and shows how to get started building ASP.NET MVC 3 web applications using the new Razor syntax.
- Answer Man
- Sponsor: SUNA SOLUTIONS – www.suna.com
.NET Fundamentals - Code Contracts (David McCarter)
Introduction to Workflow Foundation 4.0 (Scott Reed) - If you don’t know what Workflow is, or looked at it prior to 4.0 but haven’t come back to it, this talk is for you. One of the biggest problems with Workflow is that people aren’t aware of the problems that it can solve, or aren’t using it correctly. This talk will focus on the benefits Workflow provides, when to use Workflow over other solutions, and how to get started writing workflows. After introducing the concepts several workflows will be written using the techniques discussed.
Answer Man (6pm – 7pm)
Raffle: Over $3,000 worth of software, books and swag to giveaway!
- .NET Fundamentals (Jason Kerney)
- A Lap Around Microsoft Test Manager (Mike Vincent): Both
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate and Visual Studio Test
Professional 2010 now include a new application called Microsoft Test
Manager (MTM) to help you define and manage your testing effort by using
test plans. MTM is integrated with Team Foundation Server and provides a
user interface designed for testing. In this session we’ll talk a
little about software quality and testing. Then we’ll run through some
demos to see how MTM helps both testers and developers to be more
productive. You’ll see how MTM is helping to eliminate the bug “no
repro” problem from the development cycle.
- Answer Man (6pm – 7pm)
- Sponsor - Experis
- Raffle: Over $3,000 worth of software, books and swag to giveaway!
* .NET Fundamentals – Cyclomatic Complexity: What It Is And How To Reduce It (Jim Bears)
* Building Distributed Business Applications (Bill Sheldon): Need a new distributed business application? Concerned that creating a new rich application requires learning more than one new technology? WCF, Silverlight (XAML) and Entity Framework – the Microsoft business application stack consists of a series of technologies that didn’t exist 3 years ago. Have you mastered all of them? If not perhaps LightSwitch is for you. This session will show you how LightSwitch provides you with an abstraction above these low level technologies that allows you to build and customize new applications which use these technologies. Instead of spending your time in the weeds trying to figure out how to set up your WCF service, you can leverage LightSwitch to generate that code while you focus on the business requirements.
*Answer Man (6pm – 7pm)
*Sponsor - Suna Solutions
*Raffle: Over $3,000 worth of software, books and swag to giveaway!
April Meeting (17th Anniversary)
*.NET Fundamentals - Better Craftsmanship through Intentional Practice (Jason Kerney )
* MVC for the Non-web Developer (Woody Pewitt)
* Answer Man
Sponsor: Mitchell International
- Getting Started with Oracle Database and .NET - (Alex Keh - Oracle).
- Clean Code That Works (Woody Zuill)
- Sponsor: Oracle
*.NET Fundamentals - Files (Craig Hubert)
*From 0 to Silverlight in 60 min (Paul Sheriff)
*Silverlight MVVM Made Easy (Paul Sheriff)
*NET Fundamentals ( David McCarter )
*Success with Test-Driven Development and Scrum (Russ Nemhauser)
Schedule for December
- .NET Fundamentals - OOP (Jim Bears)
- MVC and Entity Framework 4 (James Johnson)
Schedule for November
- .NET Fundamentals -Floats, Doubles, Decimals and Loss of Precision (Bill Sheldon)
- Silverlight Communication Services (Reza Madani)
Sponsor: Eastridge Infotech
Schedule for October
*.NET Fundamentals - Source Control (Steve Moyer)
*Intro to the T4 Template Programming Language (John Miller)
Schedule for September
.NET Fundamentals - SQL Statements (Ike Ellis)
Essential jQuery with ASP.NET MVC (Jeffrey Hasan)
Sponsor: Mitchell International
Schedule for August:
.NET Fundamentals -Interfaces (Jim Bears)
Asynchronous Programming with NET 4.0's Task Object (Jeff Smith)
Sponsor: Robert Half Technology